Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beginning the Adoption Journey

"He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."  Ephesians 1:5

Our adoption journey began back in June 2010 with a still, small voice.

It was Father's Day, Sunday and Randall had just come home late the night before from a mission trip to Honduras.  While sitting in the church service, I felt God telling me that He intended for us to begin the process to add to our family through adoption.  On our way out to lunch after church, I excitedly told Randall that we had to talk.  I knew that he was exhausted from his trip, and if I had chosen the best time to bring up such a serious subject this would not have been it.  However, God had spoken, and you don't just keep something like that to yourself.

So I said, "Randall, we need to talk...I believe God told me this morning that we are supposed to adopt."

Randall looked back at me, and much to my disbelief he said, "You know...He has been telling me that same thing all week!"

Wow!  Now why on earth would I be surprised that God would tell us both the same thing?  It only makes sense that if this was truly from God, then He would give us the same message.

So two weeks later we went to our parents to give them the good news!  We were expecting again!  This time through the beautiful miracle of adoption.

Three weeks later we found out that we were pregnant!  Once our precious, "Big D" arrived and turned 3 months old, we picked up the adoption process again.

Currently here is where we are:
*Choosing an Agency
*Praying for confirmation on the country God is leading us to
*Working on Paperwork
*Fund-raising

God has been faithful to lead us thus far, and we believe that he will continue to lead us throughout this process.
I am constantly amazed at how God patiently and lovingly lays everything out for us, so that we follow His plan.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to hear more about this process, and meet little one #3! :)

    ReplyDelete