Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Books for Babies

I wanted to pass an opportunity along to all of you.

I have a dear friend who, along with her husband, runs a non-profit org that takes care of orphans in India, Thailand and Swaziland.  Check out www.thesoundofhope.org.
The Sound of Hope

They have decided to start libraries at the care points/orphanages that they support.  They will be taking their first load of books when they go to Swaziland in March.

Here is where you come in:  I cannot imagine my boys growing up without books to look at, pages to turn, or stories to hear.  If your home is anything like ours, you probably have a surplus of children's books piled on your shelves.  If you would like to donate any new or gently used books to share with these sweet babies overseas, please check out this blog:  http://www.thesoundofhope.org/blog/2012/2/22/book-drive-for-swaziland.html.


I would be thrilled to deliver your donations to my friend in Birmingham before they leave.  I can take donations (in Auburn) up until next Friday (March 2nd).

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this Candice! I know our kids will appreciate it SO much! I can't wait to see their excited little faces! :)

    ReplyDelete