Monday, April 29, 2013

Ready, Set, PACK!!!

Ready, Set, PACK!!!

So yesterday was "Packing Day!"  And the day certainly lived up to it's name.  We spent over 7 hours getting everything packed into our two checked bags, two carry-on's and two backpacks.  Whew!  Not an easy task!

I have been "packing" for over a month now, meaning I have been collecting and gathering all of the items on our six-page packing list in a common place...our master bathroom.  By the end, it took up half the room!  And yes, I got it ALL into our suitcases!  Now the real test is going to be when we weigh them tonight.  Eeekkk!!!  I don't know what I will do if our luggage comes in overweight, which is quite a good possibility as there are more than a couple of bulging seams!

It's hard to believe that we now have everything packed and we are ready to go.  The next couple of days are full of last minute errands and preparations, and then we will fly to the other side of the world!  Oh, my arms are aching now more than ever to hold my baby girl!  I cannot wait to see her beautiful face in person, and to tell her that her MOMMY and DADDY LOVE HER!  

3 comments:

  1. This is SO exciting!!! I wish I'd thought to bring you our little duffle bag when we were in AU - in case you wanted to bring home things you buy in China! We let our friends borrow it for that reason when they went to Korea (they left with 4 bags and came back with 5). It folds up really small on the way there, but holds a ton on the way back! I got it from Target if you think that's something you might want (way easier than trying to buy another bag in China.) It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy another bag in China really easily and fairly inexpensively. Walmart and Carrefour carry everything you can imagine. And then some things you would NEVER imagine ;) If you have to leave it behind to make weight, I am pretty sure guide your guide can help you get it. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really hoping not to have to leave anything behind, but if I do, I know we will make it! :) It's supposed to be an adventure, right!?!

      Delete