Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's Official!

Today was another BIG DAY for the Stoves family, here in China!

Today, Eliana officially became our daughter!  Oh, happy day!

We began our day with Eliana meeting her brothers for the first time, via skype.  It was so exciting to see all THREE of my children at the same time!  (I cannot wait until I can hug them all at the same time!)



We then finished getting ready to go out for our big day!
Eliana looked absolutely beautiful in her pink dress, hair bow, and brand new shoes!  Eliana and I also wore matching bracelets that Randall and I purchased in Hong Kong a few days ago.  I am having way too much fun with all of this girl stuff!


We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel, and all of the reviews I have heard were right!  It was wonderful!!!  And Eliana enjoyed it more than anyone!  She knows how to eat!  I'm so proud of her!


Then it was time to go back to the Civil Affairs office to sign the final paperwork, and finalize the adoption!  I must admit, I was a little nervous about going back to that building today.  Not because I feared the official outcome, but because I was concerned about Eliana's heart.  Yesterday, when she walked into that building she had no idea what was about to happen to her.  Yes, her orphanage did what they could to prepare her, and we are very grateful, but how much can a child who is not even 2 years old understand?  I did not want her to think that she was going into that building to leave with someone else.  She did such a great job, but she was obviously nervous, especially during our two interviews with officials.  When she could tell that it was about time to leave, she took my hand and led me (very forcefully) to the elevator, and pointed to the doors, letting me know, she was ready to go...WITH US!


After a nice lunch with our new friends (another Lifeline adoptive family), we headed to the room to relax.  Eliana had a nice snack in Daddy's lap, and then she and I took a good, cuddly nap together.


We then headed to our hotel's playground and had a wonderful time playing with balls and sliding down the slide!



    


 And then it happened...we got our FIRST SMILE!!!

 




To end the night, we went out to get dinner.  First we stopped at an authentic Chinese restaurant to get take-out for Eliana, and then we walked over to KFC for our dinner.  You should have seen Eliana's face when we opened her food!  She was sooooo excited!  She immediately began pointing (her way of communicating with us at this point).  I fed her chicken, hot slaw and rice with chopsticks.  She ate so well!  


Now Eliana is sleeping peacefully in her crib, and we are about to head to bed as well.
Keep up the prayers!  God has truly blessed us!


12 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! She is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to squeeze her! She's so adorable!!!!! Love ya'll...Aunt Leslie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying following you on your trip via Blog. Praying for the future God has mapped out for you guys. It is going to be a great ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you!!! Thought about today while I was buying meds off your packing list. She's beautiful!! Love that smile!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A chance to eat authentic Chinese & you ate KFC?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! She is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow she is just precious and so happy! She knows right where she is suppose to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God's precious gift from above. She is beautiful. May God continue to Bless your family of 5. Prayers will continue to be lifted up. Have a safe trip home.
    Jonne Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful. God Bless You All.

    Betty B. Ware, Hayden's co-worker

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is too beautiful in her little dress and bow! And that SMILE! Ahhh! Melt my heart! We can't wait to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy and excited for you all. I'm Stuarts assistant here at Yates and he was sweet enough to share your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you've gotten a smile so quickly!! Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete